Do you need a good space heater for a big room in your house or office?
Do you wish to make the air significantly warmer throughout the winter season by removing the chill?
If that’s the case, you’ve arrived at the correct place.
We can’t help but strive to stay warm as the day progresses into the night. And, while you’re snuggled up under the covers, sipping hot chocolate after a long day at work, you might consider investing in an indoor electric heater. Instead of raising the thermostat temperature and risking a hefty power bill, a space heater can quickly warm an entire room, eliminating the need for multiple layers of sweaters and blankets.
We’ve put together the most in-depth guide on helping you find the best space heater for the large room so you can be comfortable no matter how cold it is outside.
We’ve put together the most comprehensive guide to finding the best space heater for a large room so that you can stay warm no matter how chilly it gets outside.
As you may be aware, there are numerous possibilities available, but this guide will assist you in selecting the finest large room heater for your needs and budget.
Before diving in, let’s learn something about electric heaters.
When it’s chilly outdoors, there are several options for heating a large space. To avoid direct sunlight, close the doors and curtains. Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps, and fireplaces are all options. While there are numerous options for warming up a room and relaxing inside your house, an indoor electric heater for any large room is a good investment. You could wonder what kind of electric heater can heat your space.
Which electric heater is the most energy-efficient?
The Dr Infrared DR-968 Space Heater is a favourite of Justin Fargher, owner of Hire Your HVAC Guy. “For adding heat to a larger space, I recommend the Dr Infrared DR-968 Space Heater,” the HVAC owner said. “This equipment works well in larger areas as a supplement to central heating.” If there is no central heating, two of these heaters would cover 300 square feet or approximately a 17’x17′ room.”
Are 1500 watts for a heater excessive?
No, surprisingly. A 1,500W heater can heat a room of up to 1,000 square feet, which is rather tiny. You can heat a 12’x12′ room with no central heating or a larger room with central heating with a 1500W electric heater.
Space heaters are compact, portable warmers that can be used in any room. When it comes to space heaters, there are three types of heating elements: radiant, convection, and combination. Convection space heaters gradually raise the temperature, while radiant space heaters transmit warmth directly to people and objects in the room, according to a study published by Energy. And, because of their low energy consumption, space heaters can be utilised for a long time while you’re in the room attempting to remain warm.
When purchasing a large space heater, there are several options to consider. Obviously, no heater will have all of the features listed below, but the following are the most important ones to think about:
Space heaters exist in a variety of sizes, although the majority are small. However, the size you receive will be determined by the size of the room you need to heat. If you’re looking for the finest space heater for a large room, choose one that produces a lot of heat.
- Ease of Use: The majority of electric heaters are ready to use right out of the box. They may only take a few minutes to set up in some circumstances. All you have to do is plug them in and turn them on. Gas heaters, on the other hand, necessitate the use of a propane tank and the lighting of the burner. You can also acquire a Wi-Fi heater, which takes a little longer to set up but offers a lot of benefits that might make the effort worthwhile.
- Temperature Settings: Space heaters include a variety of temperature controls to assist you to get the perfect temperature for your huge space. When looking for the best heater for a large room, think about if you want to be able to adjust the device to an exact temperature or if you’re ok with a turn dial for the heat level.
- Thermostat: There are heaters available with built-in thermostats (1). These monitor the room’s temperature and regulate the heat output levels to keep the room at the desired temperature.
- Safety Features: Automatic shut-off, which turns the appliance off if it is unintentionally tipped over, and overheats protection, which shuts the heater off if the heating mechanism reaches dangerously high temperatures, are two of the most typical safety features found in a large room heater.
- Cool-Touch Exterior: While some space heaters are in use, the exterior shell can get extremely hot to the touch. If you have pets or small children in your home, this can be dangerous, but if you choose a heater with a cool-touch exterior, they won’t get burned if they mistakenly touch the space heater.
If you’re looking for the greatest heater for a large space, you’ll want to check out this one.
This model’s outstanding features include:
- It makes utilisation of all of the heat produced and has nearly no heat transmission loss.
- This huge space heater is 60 percent more effective than many other types because it combines radiant infrared heat with convection heat via a fan.
- This heater is fantastic at warming huge spaces up to 1,000 square feet. ft.
- For accurate heating, it comes with a digital thermostat and a temperature display.
- It features wheels to make it more portable.
- A humidifier can be added to this heater as an option.
This heater will not only warm your large area, but it will also provide a touch of cosiness because it resembles a wood stove.
The following are some of the best features of this large space heater:
- 3D flame technology that appears to be genuine flames.
- Provides enough heat to warm up to 1,000 square feet of space.
- The natural humidity in the air is maintained by the infrared quartz heating element.
- Has a smart thermostat that allows you to customise the temperature in your room.
- Black, bronze, cinnamon, cream, french grey, and blue are some of the colour options.
- This is one of the greatest indoor electric heaters for large spaces, and it provides all of the advantages of a genuine fireplace.
This is the greatest portable heater for a large area if you’re thinking about installing an oil-filled space heater in your home.
It’s also reasonably priced.
This radiator heater boasts some of the most advanced features available when compared to other radiator heaters on the market.
Compared to other radiator heaters on the market, this one has some of the most advanced features you can get too.
- Thermal slots that are patented for cooler housing.
- For optimum energy savings, use Eco Mode.
- A 24-hour programmable timer can be used to turn the unit on and off.
- A digital thermostat allows you to set a certain temperature.
- Heat settings are adjustable.
- It can be used as a supplemental heat source in rooms up to 300 square feet or as the primary heat source in rooms up to 150 square feet.
- Gray or black are the two colour options.
This is our favourite best electric space heater for large rooms and one of the most advanced infrared heaters on the market.
This heater has the following features:
- Any smartphone or mobile device can operate your Wi-Fi. You may also set personalised heating schedules with this feature.
- If you don’t want to use the Wi-Fi capability, it comes with remote control.
- Attached to a wall.
- Because it only utilises 1,000 Watts of power, it is less likely to cause electrical problems in your home, such as tripped breakers.
- It fits in rooms up to 500 square feet.
This is the fireplace heater you’ll want to add to your home if you want something more conventional and classic.
The following are the highlights:
- There are two different levels of realistic fire glow.
- It can heat up to 1,000 square feet.
- It has an Eco Mode that makes it very energy efficient.
- A 12-hour timer is included.
- Thermostat digital
- Control from afar
This is the greatest option available for a portable propane heater that can be relocated at any time or fixed to a wall.
This large room heater has the following features:
- A basic wall-mounting kit is included, but optional base legs (WBL100) can be ordered to convert it to a portable heater for large spaces.
- A fan attachment (WHF100) can be added to speed up the delivery of hot air into the room.
- Warms up to 700 square feet.
This is the next best thing to consider if you want an oil-filled heater that is even cheaper or less advanced than our prior portable heater for large room review.
It performs well in a range of huge rooms and includes the following outstanding features:
- Eco Mode consumes very little energy.
- Control from afar
- For automatic shutoff, set a 10-hour timer.
- Warm the space rapidly or slowly with variable heat settings.
- Temperature settings range from 65 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit on this digital thermostat.
- Can heat up to 300 square feet of space.
- Black and grey or black and gold are the two colour options.
This is a good choice to consider when purchasing a huge space heater that can fade into the background.
It’s also the greatest electric heater for a large space because it can be utilised as a standalone or wall-mounted appliance.
This heater has the following features:
- It consumes 1,500 watts.
- Heats the room evenly and quietly.
- With a double fan system, Hi-Fi Technology effectively distributes heat.
- Digital controls with LED display and numerous heat settings.
- Eco Mode Timer for Energy Savings
- Heat up to 300 square feet of space.
- It comes with the necessary hardware to be used as a floor or wall-mounted heater.
The Utilitech 1500-Watt Ceramic Tower Indoor Electric Space Heater will not generate any noise and will keep you toasty all winter long if you’re seeking a moment of silence after a long day at work. This heater has 1500W of power and will heat your space in 3 seconds thanks to its ceramic heating technology. It also boasts a cool design and a temperature control tip-over switch.
The heater’s best features include:
- Tower height
- Compact design
- Safety features
The Sharper Image Tower Fan can keep you warm all night, whether you’re working late or binge-watching Netflix. The fan may be converted from a tower to a horizontal fan thanks to its stylish and slender design. It also includes a built-in lamp with two brightness levels. This is an excellent choice for a large living room or workplace.
We enjoy the following features:
- The motor is quiet and energy-efficient.
- 3-speed choices for vertical to horizontal conversion
Although it appears to be a standard kitchen toaster, it is actually a warmer! It’s simple to operate the Hunter Ceramic Electric Deluxe Digital Tower Heater. You may modify the temperature by pressing the arrows on the digital thermostat. This product also comes with remote control if you don’t want to stand up to modify the device’s settings.
- Digital thermostat with remote control
- Simple settings
We like the Vornado OSCTH1 Whole Room Oscillating Tower Heater because it gives us choices. Customizing low or high settings, changing the easy-to-read dial into a conventional fan, and positioning the gadget anywhere, from under your desk or dining room table, are just a few of our favourite features.
- V-Flow whole-room air circulation is why we enjoy it.
- Touch controllers with illumination
- Temperature control