Honeywell smart thermostats do more than just control your home’s temperature from afar; they also help you save money on heating and cooling. After connecting a Honeywell smart thermostat to your Wi-Fi network, you may use a mobile app to adjust the temperature of your house from anywhere.
Furthermore, certain Honeywell smart thermostats include humidity and room sensors. They can also be used to manage the humidity in your home in addition to regulating the temperature. However, before you can use a Honeywell smart thermostat to regulate the temperature and humidity in your house remotely, you must first set it up.
After reading the benefits of a thermostat you surely want to set up a thermostat in your office or house. And for that, we have this article for you that will provide you with a step-by-step guide to set up a Honeywell smart thermostat. The setup is divided into three main steps that are discussed in detail below:
The first step is installation:
- You have the option of installing the smart thermostat yourself and for that, you are provided with an installation guide with the thermostat. Or you can also have it installed by a professional.
- The smart thermostat by Honeywell should be installed adjacent to your HVAC system.
- As you begin the installation, switch off the power to the heater and cooler system first.
- After you’ve shut off the power, double-check that it is still turned off then move towards the next step.
- Plug your smart thermostat into the C wire, which offers 24 volts of power, which is just right for your Honeywell smart thermostat.
- To connect the C wire to the device, you’ll need to detach your smart thermostat from its wall plate.
- After you have joined the C wire to the smart thermostat, mount it to its wall plate.
- After you have successfully completed the installation of your Honeywell smart thermostat, turn the power back on.
Connect a wi-fi network with the smart thermostat:
- It has never been difficult to connect your Honeywell smart thermostat to your Wi-Fi network.
- You can connect your smart thermostat by Honeywell to your home’s Wi-Fi network once it’s turned on, due to the power supply through a C wire.
- The first thing you need to do is turn on the Wi-Fi setup mode on the smart thermostat.
- After that the text Wi-Fi SETUP should appear on the thermostat display.
- Your smart thermostat will set up a Wi-Fi network, which you may connect to with your control unit (laptop, tablet, or cellphone).
- Check for accessible Wi-Fi networks using your control panel.
- Join the Wi-Fi network, that would look like this: NewThermostat 123456. Keep in mind that the figures may differ based on the Honeywell smart thermostat type you have.
- This network may need to be designated as a Home Network. Now after joining the Wi-Fi network, you need to access the Wi-Fi SETUP page of the smart thermostat.
- Once you have joined the smart thermostat’s network, your control panel would lead you to the Wi-Fi configuration page. However, this isn’t always the case. If this happens to you, go to http://192.168.1.1 immediately.
- To connect the smart thermostat to the Wi-Fi network, search for the name of your Home Network and click the Connect button once you’ve arrived at the Wi-Fi configuration screen. You may need to input your Home Network password for connecting it.
- The setup process will be completed by following the on-screen instructions.
- It’s possible that your network will not appear on the setup screen. If this is the case, you can try rescanning for the network’s name. If you’ve obscured the name of your network, you’ll need to input the SSID and password to join.
- After that when you select the Connect button on the setup screen, your smart thermostat By Honeywell will connect to Wi-Fi.
- After you press the Connect button, your Honeywell smart thermostat will present the text CONNECTING on its screen. And this will indicate that it has established a connection with the Home Network.
- The Honeywell smart thermostat will connect properly after 30 seconds.
Remote control registration:
- Your smart thermostat allows you to regulate the temperature of your house from afar. However, in order to control the smart thermostat remotely, you must first register it.
- To learn more about Total Connect Comfort, go to their website. After that, you’ll need to register a Total Connect Comfort account if you are using it for the first time. But if you already have an account, sign in.
- When you create an account, keep an eye out in your mailbox for an email from total connect comfort with a unique message. Also, the account Activation instructions are included in the email.
- Now register your thermostat and while registering the thermostat, you’ll also need to know its location, MAC ID, and MAC CRC.
- The message “CONGRATULATIONS SETUP COMPLETE!” will appear on your Honeywell smart thermostat’s message box. It will also display the strength of your Wi-Fi signal.
- This means you’ve successfully registered your Honeywell smart thermostat, and you can now control it from anywhere on the planet!
- Alternatively, you can register the device using the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort application, which comes with the smart thermostat. You’ll perform the same registration processes as before, except this time you’ll use the app.
- Because the smart thermostat connects to your home’s Wi-Fi network, you can control it remotely using the application or the website.
For any house, Honeywell House smart thermostats are great smart home equipment as they allow you to adjust the temperature of your home from anywhere on the planet. Because a thermostat will link itself to your home’s Wi-Fi network, you can control your HVAC system remotely.
These smart home thermostats are available from online shops with discounts. You can also receive a unique coupon code to arrive in your inbox shortly after making a purchase. If you have any further questions, please leave them in the comments area.