Starting a website is just a small step in having an online presence whether it is for your personal reason or business endeavor. Websites serve as your presence in the World Wide Web and these can reach far places, in fact, all over the world. If you own a business, having a website is a big plus for your marketing strategy. However, a presence online is not enough; you must gather web traffic and visitors so that people in the web can know you. Increased web traffic means more visitors are checking your website and in turn, your ranking in most search engines will increase making your online presence to become easily reachable.
How can you increase the online visitors to your website? Consider these proven online marketing techniques:
- Search Engine Optimization/SEO – from the name itself, this is the process of optimizing your ranking or presence in search engines. This is achieved through producing high quality contents with the right keywords. Remember that most online visitors look for information on the web and having quality SEO contents can help you land them to your site. SEO can be time consuming. Creating contents is important. Consider that you are creating content not for you, but for the readers. You must be prioritizing quality over quantity and you must be consistent in creating new relevant and high quality. Of course, make sure that you avoid spammy contents.
Good Monster a Syracuse based SEO agency, believes you should fit the agency that fits your needs when it comes to SEO.
- Becoming social – this can be achieved by simply taking the advantages of social media like Facebook. You can create ads on social media sites, create your profile, and post links that will direct to your site, provide relevant information and interact with your followers. Other form of socializing on the web is through the forums and sites that provide answers to various questions. You simply put link(s) that will lead to your site. Of course, avoid spamming.
- Multimedia marketing – videos, gif and other multimedia formats are other ways of promoting your site online. One of the things you can try is YouTube. You can create your own channel, make advertisement video through YouTube, post the link on the description and there you have it, a free or almost free means of video ads.
- Link building and guest posting – link building is the better term for the above two cases. You use the social media platforms in which you post your links. Another option is through guest posting. You post significant information to other blogs, interact professionally and do the same for them.
- Pay per Click – if you can shell out some money, you can engage in Pay per Click/PPC. This method works like this: you will pay for every click your advertisement receives in the search engine with the purpose of converting the click of the user to your traffic. You can start with Google AdWords.
- Email marketing – this is one of the oldest method of online marketing. In fact, it is still in use today by big companies and if these corporate still utilize this method, you can also do the same. In order for the people to subscribe to you, it is important that they have a very compelling reason for them to subscribe to you and get to know more of the new things about you. Email marketing must be done on consistent basis.