Creating a bootable USB drive is a useful process for anyone looking to install Windows 10 on a new computer, upgrade their current operating system, or even recover from a system failure. With just a few easy steps, you can create a bootable USB drive that will allow you to install Windows 10 quickly and easily. In this blog post, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to make a bootable USB Windows 10.
What You Need
Before we begin, you will need a few things to get started:
- A USB flash drive with at least 8GB of storage space
- A computer running Windows 7 or later
- A Windows 10 ISO file
Step 1: Download the Windows 10 ISO File
The first step in creating a bootable USB Windows 10 is to download the Windows 10 ISO file. You can download this file from the Microsoft website or from other reputable sources. Make sure you download the version of Windows 10 that matches your computer’s architecture (32-bit or 64-bit).
Step 2: Format the USB Flash Drive
Once you have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO file, you need to format your USB flash drive. To do this, follow these steps:
- Insert the USB flash drive into your computer.
- Open File Explorer and right-click on the USB flash drive.
- Select “Format” from the context menu.
- In the Format window, select “FAT32” as the file system.
- Click “Start” to begin formatting the drive.
Step 3: Create Bootable USB Drive with Windows 10 ISO
Now that your USB flash drive is formatted, you can create a bootable USB drive with the Windows 10 ISO file. To do this, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool from the Microsoft website.
- Open the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool and select “Browse” to locate the Windows 10 ISO file you downloaded in Step 1.
- Click “Next” to proceed.
- Select “USB device” as the media type.
- Choose your USB flash drive from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Begin copying” to start the process.
Step 4: Boot Your Computer from USB Drive
Now that your USB drive is bootable, you can use it to install Windows 10 on your computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Insert the USB drive into the computer you want to install Windows 10 on.
- Restart the computer.
- Press the key that takes you to the boot menu (this varies by manufacturer but is often F2 or F12).
- Select the USB drive as the boot device.
- Follow the prompts to install Windows 10.
Creating a bootable USB drive with Windows 10 is a straightforward process that can save you time and hassle. By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can create a bootable USB drive that will allow you to install Windows 10 quickly and easily. If you run into any issues during the process, consult the Microsoft website or seek the assistance of a professional.