Clearing out the cache in google chrome from time to time is very necessary. The cache can pre-store all the files on your computer when you visit a page in order to gain quick access if you decide to visit that webpage again. Although it does not utilize much space on your device but can be a privacy issue for some people.
To delete cached data in google chrome, one of the fastest methods for you can be the option of “clear browser cache”. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Press CTRL+ SHIFT and DEL at once
- A new window will open that will read “clear browse cache.”
- A drop-down menu will appear from the above asking you for which time period you would like the cache data removed. You can select the timings from the options of “last day”, “last week,”
- Last four weeks” or “all.”
- You may want to delete the entire cache history so you must select the option all
- Click on the box that reads “images and files in the cache.”
- Give your options in by tapping on “delete browser data” button
- Reload your chrome
You can access the cache data manually and delete it from there without using keyboard shortcuts.
- In the upper right corner of the chrome web page, you will see the “menu” option which you have to click on. After doing so, you can open the browser setting and recognize the menu by three dots that are staked.
- Next, you have to click on the option “more tools.”
- Next window will appear where you have to click “delete browser data” option
- From here you can easily manage the process of deleting cached history and select the time period that has been defined in the above steps.