Texting has become an integral part of today’s life, and it’s not an exaggeration, as many people cannot imagine living without it. Children and adults alike use text messages to communicate with their friends, family members, and other people. Moreover, they do it much more often than actually speaking to each other over the phone. The popularity of this form of communication is not questioned, which explains the fact why more and more people are looking for new opportunities to spy on text messages of another person.
Well, the desire to spy on text messages is quite understandable, as short messages carry lots of personal and even confidential data. Let’s be honest, you will hardly find a person who does not want to read someone’s messages he or she may hide from others. For this reason, mobile trackers are in such demand today. Moreover, as you can clearly see at https://www.mspy.com/text-message-spy.html, the installation process does not require any tech skills, which makes SMS monitoring an easy process.
However, the ability to spy on text and multimedia files shared by others is undoubtedly a controversial topic, largely due to a variety of legal issues. Thereby, before installing such an app on another person’s phone, it is important to see the whole picture first. The key question is, who can spy on text messages legally and in what cases does it make sense?
Who can spy on text messages without being punished?
Though the Internet booms with information about mobile software that allows spying on a cheating spouse without his or her knowledge, keep in mind that such actions are illegal. You cannot spy on another person’s text messages and online activity secretly without a danger of being punished. To install SMS tracking software on your spouse’s or partner’s phone is permitted only in case he or she is aware of it.
In fact, there are only two categories of people who can legally spy on someone’s text messages:
- Parents of teens and tweens can install SMS trackers on their kids’ devices for a simple reason: they are responsible for their kids’ safety, health, and wellbeing, not to mention that phones and tablets used by kids factually belong to their parents. Moreover, they have the right to spy on their kids’ mobile activity secretly, though it may lead to a breach of trust in the parent-child relationship.
- Employers represent another category of people who can legally spy on text messages of another person. Just like with parents of tweens and teens, employers and business owners can track devices that belong to them even if they are used by their employees. However, please note that in many cases, employees should still be aware of the fact that corporate-owned devices are monitored by special tracking software.
When to spy on text messages is a necessity
Now that you know who can spy on someone’s text messages without being punished, let’s look at the situations when such an activity makes sense.
- Cyber-bullying. Cyber-bullying is one of the most common reasons to spy on text and multimedia files shared by children. This form of online harassment has grown into a serious problem over the past few years, and it does not seem to be slowing down. As a result, parents install SMS trackers on their kids’ phones, as it is the only way to protect them from bullies and hurtful people.
- Another significant reason for parents to monitor their kids’ SMS and instant messages is related to the problem of sexting or sharing sexually explicit photos and videos. Since most teens don’t understand the possible negative consequences of such actions, parents are the only people who can prevent them from getting into trouble.
- Data leakage. As for the employers, the main reason they spy on text messages of their employees is a desire to protect their business. The fact is that unscrupulous employees quite often use text messaging services for sharing corporate information with third parties, which has a negative effect on the company. As a result, to install monitoring apps on corporate-owned devices is the best way to prevent data leakage.
These are the main situations when to spy on text messages of another person is not only legal but also makes sense. If your problem is related to one of them, install the chosen SMS tracker on the target phone with confidence. If not, well, it is better to check your country’s laws first.