The field of innovation
Digital Marketing is the next thing and has been constantly on the boom, especially in such tough times around. The concept has changed from just being ads run on a particular website, and that also amidst the similar content shown by other competitors. On the other hand, this field is more about tapping into the untrodden sections and jumping into those new channels before anyone else gets their hands upon it.
When it comes to the channels, Twitch is gaining slow popularity and the coming article speaks in detail on using Twitch to foster business interests.
Briefing on the platform
Twitch is one of the child enterprises of Amazon and is highly popular amongst the gaming circuits. This video streaming platform is used by gamers to stream their profiles, as well as the hacks of different levels of multiple games (irrespective of their genres). A simple concept of streaming is now standing at a staggering worth of USD 137.9 billion. And a majority of the profiles highlighted over here work towards role-playing games and first-person shooters.
Games like PUBG and Fortnite are the key highlights for the platform and can earn millions of viewers every month. And now, the concept of Twitch is slowly entering into the other subfields under digital marketing.
Understanding the market model
Now you need to understand the marketing strategy of Twitch and how it is engaging the viewers with top-notch content. The content creators (even beyond gaming) stream themselves on the platform and open discussions with the viewers via Twitch chat. And accordingly, the supporters can donate and subscribe at a nominal fee of USD 5 (it includes the fees charged by the platform itself for hosting the videos).
And the hunger for meaningful content amongst the viewers is the primary reason for which the concept of pay-to-view is gaining the wings.
Why would Twitch help in digital marketing?
When it comes to understanding the role of Twitch in digital marketing, the number of reasons go unending. Still, the following pointers highlight the major factors:
- According to a majority of the surveys, video promotions are accounting for almost 56% of the business profits in a year, and the onset of the pandemic has created a stronger market for such videos to foster the businesses. This is getting coupled with Twitch’s success of gaining 40 million subscribers monthly and hence can tap into the deeper sections of the power of visual marketing.
- Twitch hosts a major chunk of viewers who are below the age of 30 years (almost 70% of the current subscribers). Therefore, it becomes quite easy for the brands to find their audience and spread meaningful content amongst the viewers. This can support the businesses’ views of harboring the young audience who hold the larger probability of engaging with their products.
- On the platform of Twitch, a majority of the viewers engage directly with the streamers. Being young blood, they do not think much about the pay-to-view concept and would support the digital cause to which they get connected. Therefore, such donations can help in making multiple product purchases and foster the idea of innovative marketing.
- Lastly, Twitch can help the brands in getting a good understanding of the needs and requirements of the younger crowd. After all, they are the ones who lead the platform and can help them in reaching the dream numbers.
Therefore, this is the type of power a platform like Twitch holds and hence it has a lot of hidden potentials to create a breakthrough in the field of digital marketing. If you are just starting out, you may consider getting some help from a third party platform that allows the users to boost the engagement their Twitch account gets in order to attract even more people.
Learning the basic terminologies
The following are some basic terminologies that need to be understood before entering into Twitch:
- Twitch chat, where the users get engaged with the content curators and post their comments, queries, or suggestions. It is highly embedded with filters and moderations that allow only meaningful comments to surface and remove any unwanted or derogatory language. Therefore, it becomes easy for the admins to find the best ones out of the crowd.
- Subscriptions emote and badges, that are related to following any channel on the platform and gaining the required best contents from them. The latter two are specific to Twitch and allow personalization of the viewers. They allow engaging with the community in a fun and interactive manner and can highlight the actual badge quality of the streamers.
- Donations, where the viewers can directly subscribe for something and receive monthly benefits from the channel. It can be done by online methods and also includes donations via the in-app currency called bits. The more the number of its spent, the better would be the badge allotted to the user.
- Partners and affiliates, which is meant for the viewers who are regular to the platform and slowly become one of the major critics for the content.
Therefore, get acquainted with these basics and you are sure to enjoy the multiple benefits of the platform.
Multiple methods of using Twitch
Twitch is still in the nascent stage when it comes to the brands using the same for digital marketing. The following are some of the popular methods to do so:
- Gaming tournaments and E-sports, where the content curators mention the multiple advantages of going under a particular gaming genre.
- Digital events, that can also include any new product launch or unboxing experience with perfect after-effects. This can replace the crowds gathering for actual events before pandemic days.
- Classes and sessions, where product training or ideation on some amazing concepts can be imparted to the viewers.
- Interviews and panel discussions, where the breakthroughs or trends in the market can be discussed and fostered into healthy communication amongst the multiple stakeholders.
- Twitch ads, that can be as engaging as the pay-per-click concepts.
- Philanthropy or crowd-sourcing to support a given idea.
As a result, the number of ways of entering into Twitch is not less and the brands can utilize the same for gaining the required audience.On an ending note, Twitch is a developing platform that is currently popular only for gaming purposes. But it can be tapped for the hidden areas and combined with the business numbers for a particular year.