Perhaps, one of the most frustrating problems in MS Word is a blank page that nobody wants. No matter what you do, it does not seem to go away. A solution is printing the document, but it will still be there. The blank page can occur either at the top, bottom or anywhere in the document.
The easiest way is to backspace it, and it may go away for a while, but it will come back after you continue working on the document. These are some of the proper ways and some shortcuts so that you can stop breaking the mouse and cursing MS Word!
- The easiest solution is to go at the end of the unwanted blank page and press Backspace until you get rid of it.
- The Navigation Pane is in the VIEW tab, click and select it. Then select the blank page thumbnail which is shown on the left side and keep pressing the Delete or Backspace key until it goes away.
- There is a Marginsbutton in the PAGE LAYOUT section, click and select it. It will display further options, but you have to select Custom Margins. Select the Layout tab, and a drop-down menu will appear in front of you, all you have to do is select the new unwanted blank page and then click
- If you can’t see anything on the page, then enable the displaying paragraph marks and formatting symbols. What this will do is enable and display all the hidden characters and symbols that are there on the page, especially look for the paragraph markor ¶. You can delete the symbol by selecting it and pressing the Backspace or simply removing it, by doing this you will most definitely also remove your blank page. This way, the deleted page will not come back again and again.
- If you can’t see the hidden characters or something written on the page, then you can click on the paragraph symbol, as mentioned above. Then you have to click the Font dialog box which is displayed as a pop-out icon on the bottom right corner of the Font This is all available on the HOME tab. All you have to do is choose the Hidden checkbox that is displayed in the Effects section and click OK or just tick the box, and the blank page will be gone forever.