Admittedly, nearly a decade ago the WordPress platform was originally designed specifically for blogging. Since then, it has been the most utilized blogging system of anyone available. Offering almost unlimited possibilities for customization, the blogger can easily create posts, accept, approve and reply to comments, and fully design the appearance of their site using simple, intuitive features. With the huge assortment of themes and plug-ins, any blogger can develop a rich dynamic blogging site within moments.
A WordPress Website
With over 75 million examples available online, WordPress can also be utilized as a website. It offers significant features that allow the user to create standalone dynamic or static pages with or without creating a blogging site. Every page can be fully customized with creative WordPress themes to produce a web design worthy of admiration.
Why Not Both?
Building a strong online presence helps businesses compete in the online and off-line marketplace. Many businesses and individuals see the advantage of creating a professional website that also includes a blog. Many third-party WordPress themes (templates) offer a straight out-of-the-box solution for instantly creating a website filled with assorted pages, along with a section for posting blogs.
Without the need to build a website or blog platform from scratch, anyone can quickly enjoy the benefits of WordPress. As the most advanced and popular content management system (CMS) in the world, the platform offers specific benefits that include:
• Minimal Cost – For the most part, WordPress is free to use. As an open-source platform, literally thousands of add-ons and plug-ins are available to make the most of all the features it offers. As a sophisticated data-driven platform, it offers some of the best features in the industry at virtually no cost.
• Quick Development – The platform offers a complete website development infrastructure, with no money or time required for coding from scratch. This provides a quick development of a website and/or blog. Offering basic theme architecture, post and page management and an easy-to-use back-end control system, anyone can use the intuitive tools to create the site they desire.
• Flexibility – Once considered a simple blogging platform, WordPress now has greater flexibility. Organizations, enterprises, nonprofits, businesses and individuals can all create a professional style website that is tailored specifically to a niche market.
• Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – The entire coding structure of the platform is designed specifically to enhance search engine results. Taking full advantage of every basic and complex search engine tool, the platform automatically helps site owners increase their rankings in search engine queries.
• Multiple Users – Companies that develop a large site, with different sections and departments can manage multiple users. Through specific site management, the responsibility of sections, departments, pages and blog posts can be fully managed, allowing access to specific users while restricting others.
• An Intuitive Dashboard – The management of the platform is performed on the intuitive dashboard. Site managers have access to over 8000 plug-ins to enhance the functionality, accessibility and usability of WordPress. All plug-ins and add-ons can be instantly installed and activated using the dashboard. Many companies utilize these plug-ins to enhance their SEO, blog comment functions, social media tools connecting to Twitter, Facebook and others, along with pinging, XML site map creators and rotating tag clouds.
• WordPress Themes – The third-party themes, or templates, have the ability to be fully customized allowing the site owner to incorporate company branding, colors, fonts and other key components. Offering extreme versatility, the site can be designed to display unique components of specific industries.
• A Browser-Based Solution – WordPress is a browser-based solution. Updated static and dynamic posts and pages can be managed through any computer around the world with access to the Internet. Updated content requires absolutely no HTML editing or complex FTP software. It is easy to upload and edit images, along with uploading video files, images, documents, graphics, and audio without additional programming.
• A Built-In Blog – Because WordPress was originally designed as a blogging platform, every company that utilizes its website capacity can quickly create a blogging section on their site. Fully integrated for blogging, any website can also include email/RSS subscriptions, and commenting capabilities to add instant connectivity to customers, clients and others.
While WordPress was once considered nothing but a blogging site, its functionality has extended far into the dynamic website world. With its excellent CMS (content management system) and extensive functionality, it is the first choice in creating a website and/or blog.
Over 22 out of every 100 websites in the world use the WordPress platform. Additionally, over 60% of the top million sites utilize all the functions and features of the WordPress platform to operate their websites and/or blogs. With quick and easy installation, and a huge selection of third-party WordPress themes, it is no wonder that so many companies are choosing this platform over the competition.
Anny Solway is a dedicated writer at ThemeFuse – a web studio that creates original WordPress templates, that can be used out of the box. She loves to share blogging and technology tips.