Now that career advancement has reached new heights with the Internet bridging gaps between people from opposite sides of the globe, I think it’s high time to explore the wonderful world of LinkedIn and what it can offer you.
Here are the top 5 things that LinkedIn can do for you:
- Meet New People – LinkedIn presents a new and very interesting platform through which you can seek and find the people you need to hobnob with minus the awkward introduction or exhausting search. Meeting business associates, clients, and important people who you need to help you get your company off the ground or maintain your thriving business has never been this easy. All you have to do is enter keywords, names, titles, companies, schools, and locations. It’s that simple!
- Request for Introduction to People You Need to Meet – Not only do you get to mingle with people you already know and trust, you may also ask them to do you small favors from time to time. For instance, you need to connect with someone who is already a contact of one of your colleagues. All you have to do in order to bridge that gap is to request your colleague to introduce you to the person you need to contact and you will be able to interact with that VIP once your colleague helps you out with a simple introduction and maybe a few good words here and there. LinkedIn has a built-in feature that enables your colleague to introduce you to someone in their network. This makes it easier for you to establish useful and meaningful connections.
- Build a Contact List that You Trust – When your LinkedIn profile is filled with wonderful people that you know and trust, it’s much easier to make the right connection. This is especially true if you start socializing with them. It’s quite obvious that you need to ‘work it’ when it comes to LinkedIn if your goal is to find business contacts and new clients there. So it really helps to fill your LinkedIn contact list with people you already know and trust so that they too can introduce you to people who can help you.
- Stay in Touch with Friends and Colleagues – Just because you and your best friends have parted ways, moved on with your career, and joined different companies, doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world! Yes, there is Facebook and Twitter; but if you want to maintain lasting professional or personal relationships with your best friends, then by all means, use LinkedIn. You can stay in touch with your best friends via LinkedIn as you get updates about their careers, projects, companies, and even learn about their personal lives. You may even get details like their business VoIP ID via LinkedIn and call them on Skype to catch up!
- Build Lasting Relationships – LinkedIn allows you to build two kinds of relationships; personal and professional. Just because you’re in a career networking site doesn’t mean all you have to do is focus on your career or business. True, you can learn a lot about various people, industries, niche, and businesses when you join groups and actively participate in LinkedIn. However, you will also meet enthusiasts who share the same hobbies and interests. Thus, every new connection is an opportunity to find common ground with someone new who may turn out to be quite interesting.
The Best LinkedIn Feature
Perhaps the best LinkedIn feature that you can maximize is this – making the right connections. There is a world of possibilities for anyone who wants to reach their full potential. Reaching for your life’s goals has never been as easy as it is today.
Find Your Key Person on LinkedIn
That key person whom you need to complete your dream team could be just a few connections away. All you have to do is search diligently, know who you want to connect with, and take appropriate steps to make that all-important first impression; surely you will get what you need. Your dreams could become a reality if you navigate LinkedIn with expertise. So what’s your LinkedIn experience like? Perhaps you would like to share it with the world?