“I am using Office 365 since 2016. That is why I have a lot of important emails, and contacts saved in my account. But now due to some personal issues, I do not want use Office 365 anymore. So, I want to move my all crucial data into some other desktop based email clients. So, would anyone please give me a perfect and best way to export Office 365 Mailbox to PST format?”
There are many users who have the same issue as above-mentioned query. Because, nowadays, email applications are the key element of every platform since their invention and now, they are presented in a very broad range in the online marketplace. Office 365 and MS Outlook are two widely used email clients. However, most of the users prefer desktop-based email client such as Microsoft Outlook. If a user has Office 365 account and he or she wants to access its data from Outlook then, we have to export PST from Office 365 Exchange online In this write-up, you will get best solutions on how to export Office 365 Mailbox to PST file.
How to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST File?
There exist four approaches by which a user can export mailboxes from Office 365 to PST. The first three methods are the manual method and applicable for the only administrator account and the last one is applicable for both admin as well as single Office 365 user account.
Solution 1: With the Help of eDiscovery Tool
- First of all, assign all the permissions related to security & compliance.
- Then, under Search and Investigation section, generate a case for eDiscovery.
- After that, add some new users in case of eDiscovery.
- Now, place the existing content on legal hold to preserve the case relevant data.
- Finally, create and execute one or more content searches with the case.
To know more, refer to this link: http://www.office365tips.org/export-office-365-to-pst-using-ediscovery/
Solution 2: By Using Power-Shell Command
- To start the process, first, make a connection with Exchange server
- Then, provide the accessing export right permissions
- After that, configure the Office 365 account with Outlook
- Now, verify the configuration settings of Microsoft Outlook program
- Then, export PST file from recently opened email client
- Next, check exporting procedure is finished or not
- Now, remove all the granted permissions of Step 2
- At last, terminate the connections established in Step 1.
Refer this link for more info: http://technewskb.com/backup-office-365-mailbox-pst/
Solution 3: Through Import Export Wizard
- First, configure the Office 365 in Outlook program from which backup is to be created
- Then, after completion of configuration, export the PST file from Office 365 account, which is recently configured.
Solution 4: Using a Professional Tool
This solution can be used for both MS Office 365 admin as well as the single user account.
- First of all, download and install the Office365Export program & click on Login button.
- Then, click on the checkbox that is next to Is Admin option.
- Now, enter all the credentials of admin Office 365 account.
- Now, you can preview all the user ids present in your account & choose user ids that you want to export. Then, click on Next button to proceed.
- In this step, choose Select Email Format option. As for example, here we have chosen Microsoft Outlook (PST) from the list.
- Now, you can also select the checkbox next to split options for Outlook data file.
- Next, select the categories of mailboxes that you want to export from Office 365 to PST file.
- After that, you can also apply any filter while exporting items. For doing this, you should apply ‘Date Filter’ option.
- Now, click on the Browse button to locate the path of resultant PST file.
- In this step, select the targeted folder on your computer & click OK button to continue the process of exporting office 365 mailboxes to PST files.
- Next, click on the Start button to start the procedure to export Office 365 mailbox to PST.
- Now, You are able to view your processing status. If you want to stop it in between then, click on the Pause button.
- After completion of the procedure, you will get the status report.
- You can also save this report after clicking on Save Report and locate its path.
- At last, the process of exporting from Office 365 to PST is done on the local machine.
For Normal User
- First of all, open the Office365Export application & click on the Login button.
- Then, enter the credentials like username and password of Office 365 user account & click on Sign In button.
- Now, you can see all the folders & sub-folders in front of you. Then, click on the Next button to continue with the procedure of exporting Office 365 mailboxes to PST file format.
- Now you have to repeat the same steps from step 5 to step 15 of ‘For Admin’ procedure to finish this process successfully.
The Bottom Line
In this blog, we have discussed how to export Office 365 to PST file format. We will have no more doubt after reading this article because there are all possible solutions of data exportation process is given. However, manual approaches consist high chances of data loss. Therefore, it is suggested to use Office 365 Exporter tool. This software can export mailboxes from Office 365 to PST file in a few clicks. Now, users can opt any technique as per their time and requirements.