The kind of platform that you have an application developed on will determine the types of devices that will be able to access and run that particular app. Some platforms allow you to develop apps that can be run on more than one type of device while others leave you quite restricted.
Companies throughout the world are on the lookout for the most suitable mobile app development Los Angeles that will help to fulfill their particular business needs. For this reason, app development platforms have been making progress, and some of these have an integrated development environment.
Here’s How You Choose the Best Mobile App Development Los Angeles
It’s no secret that businesses want their apps to be accessible on every device. This is why they opt for cross-platform ability when they are planning to have their application built. Generally, there are two main platforms that are considered competitive in the market, the android and the iOS.
With the demand to have applications to operate on both platforms, businesses opt for cross-platform capability. Therefore, this has become a norm, and many businesses are able to reach out to users of both platforms. So, gone are the days of native development which entailed developing your application to run on one platform.
When you choose to go cross-platform with your development, you will also be gaining access to the Windows Phone platform. This ensures even more reach for your app. While you can do all this by developing individual apps for each type of platform, managing it becomes tougher. Each type of app has to be worked on separately. There are advantages to this, but there are also disadvantages.
Below are few examples of advantages and disadvantages associated with native and cross-platform development:
Pros: Native Application Development
- Native apps have 100% hardware support
- More convenience and flexibility
- There are more experienced and efficient app developers around
- Faster in development
- Full support from the App Store
- Easy to implement QA testing and performance optimization
Cons: Native Application Development
- Need to upgrade the apps with the latest OS
- More time and resources consumed for developing applications on each native
Pros: Cross Platform Application Development
- Develop apps with a variety of familiar technologies
- Smooth and Consistent look and feel
- Uses a common base scripting language
- Can be re-used across different platforms
- Only need to update once and sync all
- Offers a wider reach and covers more platforms
- Has a similar look for web and mobile views
Cons: Cross Platform Application Development
- May not fulfill all requirements practically
- Various languages and tools are used such as Grapple, Open plug, Xamarin, Phonegap, Titanium, Corona, Unity etc.
- Low compatibility across different platforms
- Less flexibility overall
- Low accessibility of hardware, like camera, GPS, and push notifications
- Finding a capable of building the app is difficult
- Testing on actual devices is difficult
- Informational resources are limited
- Optimization for certain platforms is difficult at times
Questions to Ask When Deciding on Your Mobile App Development Platform
Your whole aim is to develop your mobile app to suit your target audience. Regardless of the device and development tools used, you need to ensure delivery. Here are some things you ought to consider when choosing an app development platform:
- What device does your target audience use? You need to predict mobile engagement rate in terms of device use; whether you have iOS users or Android users or both. You must make your potential customer needs a priority.
- Which platform is your developer more familiar with? It’s another question altogether if you are planning to contract the mobile app development work.
- What margin of profit do you plan? What’s your plan for monetization?
- Which future prospects are you targeting? This includes the long-term consequences of deciding to go with one or more mobile app platforms.
Key Points for Making the Right Choice
At the planning stage, you need to make a concrete decision so that you don’t regret things later. Here are some basic things you need to adhere to:
- Make sure you or your decision maker has sound knowledge of mobile app development platforms
- Carry out research on the latest industry-related technological developments
- Study specific documentation available in the mobile market
Always opt for industry leaders like VeztekUSA Los Angeles for consultation and services in mobile app development.
Author: Sani is Managing Director of VeztekUSA a well known Web and Mobile App Development Company based in Los Angeles, California. He has extensive experience in building and leading innovative and collaborative software development teams to deliver major software applications. He always stay up to date with latest trends in Mobile App Development and loves contributing on different technology Blog. Follow him on twitter @VezTekUSA