A blog is an informational site or in simple words a discussion on a specific topic that has been published in on the internet. A blog consists of discrete posts that are shown in a reverse chronological, order. Previously the blog was the work of a single author or of a small group and was mainly on one subject. But after 2009 the blog is now being written by multi authors on diversified topics. These authors are highly professionals as they are the masters of their field. In this way more diversify view of the topic is taken into account. Twitter and Facebook were used to give rise to blogging.
Successful blogs are those which are of high quality in which readers leave the comments rating the blog. Though, this is not the requirement, a blog should be informative so that people found it useful to read them. Blogs can also be used as a way of social networking connecting different bloggers and the readers. People share their experience about the blogs and the information shared. Some bloggers like writing on the specific topic while other write blogs on the promotion of the products. Despite of all differences between the blogs, all blogs tend to have some things in common:
- Articles are arranged in a chronological way that the newest article appears on the top.
- A folder of articles written in the past
- Comments are given to the blogs by the readers
- Links are given in the blog referring to some other article or blog
Top Eight Tips For Successful Blogging:
1. Goal Defining: before getting started with the blog you should define the reason and aim of starting the blog. Chances of success of your blog double when you define the goals of beginning the blog. The aim could be to promote your business or it may be that you have expertise regarding some field then you should write in your major area.
2. Audience Recognition: the blog should be in accordance with the expectations of the reader. You should write what the reader wants to read.
3. Be Consistent: you should be inconsistent with the field you are best at. Don’t try to deviate with the topic.
4. Be Persistent; Blog should be updated regularly so that readers found it useful. But, make sure that no useless posts are published which make the reader move away from your blogs.
5. Be Inviting: the format of the blog should be like the way which encourages the new reader to join the blog and participate in two way conversation.
6. Be Visible: make yourself aware of things around you so that you are able to incorporate new things in your blog.
7. Take Risks: the bloggers should make use of new blogging tools that create innovation in the blogs.
8. Seek Help: while starting the new blog you should seek the help of experienced bloggers as they are aware of the changing environment and the involved risks.