With numerous sites currently using WordPress, the number of compatible and functional plugins have also increased almost proportionately.
From helping webmasters analyze data down to keeping the site spam free, there are numerous plugins created with the intention of enhancing the overall user experience both for the webmasters and the site visitors.
Enumerated below are 7 of the most useful and innovative plugins, in random order.
1. Digg Digg
- With social sharing becoming a very integral part of content marketing, this ‘all-in-one social’ online sharing tool is deemed very helpful. Digg Digg works by making sharing content across social media profiles easy and straightforward.
- Apart from the enticing aesthetics, this online social sharing tool will give visitors of your website an effortless way to share content on their own social media profiles.
2. Contact Form 7
- For webmasters who are managing numerous contact forms on their site, this plugin is a must-have. Aside from helping you effortlessly manage your contact forms, it also comes with other beneficial additions like Akismet spam filtering and other security features like the CAPTCHA.
- Suffice it to say, 16 million downloads is a clear testament to the popularity of this plugin. In addition, much of its prevalence has been credited to its functionality and ease of use.
- If you are looking for a foolproof email notification and subscription management system, Subscribe2 is your best recourse. This tool allows your website visitors to provide their email addresses so they will be alerted when a new content has been published.
- This tool is considered by many webowners to be beneficial as it effectively helps previous visitors to come back to read the new posted contents.
4. WordPress Related Posts
- If your aim is to keep your visitors glued to your website for a longer period of time, this is one tool you cannot afford to miss. Designed mainly to keep your online visitors engaged, it allows you to place a certain number of ‘related posts’ at the end of your posts.
- The goal is to entice the visitor to click on another content related to the one they just read so they will stay on the site for a longer period of time.
- As a website owner, chances are you would prefer your site to be free from spam comments. With Akismet, you have a plugin that can help you minimise, if not totally eradicate spam comments from your site.
- This amazing tool works by allowing you to check all the spam comments using the admin section of the WordPress dashboard.
6. WordPress SEO by Yoast
- If you want to focus on the basic and crucial factors that impact search engine results, consider this tool a must-have.
- Deemed a superb CMS (Content Management System), it works by helping you with basic optimization techniques.
7. Google XML Sitemaps
- If you want to give web spiders a structure that is easy to crawl, this functional online tool is deemed a necessity.
- Google XML Sitemaps functions by notifying search engines the moment a new content is posted. For many, this is a surefire way for your posts and pages to be indexed by primary search engines.
The abovementioned are just 7 of the most helpful plugins available at your disposal. Nowadays, you can easily find thousands of other useful plugins that will help effectively enhance both your experience as a webmaster and that of your online visitors.